The Chesapeake Climate Action Network is a 501(c)3 organization. All contributions are tax deductible.
Giving to CCAN is spending your money wisely. Your donation goes directly to our on-the-ground organizing work—not expensive overhead expenses like fancy office space or full-color membership magazines. Here are just a few examples of what we've recently accomplished:
- We said NO to oil: After the 2010 Gulf oil spill, our team led a successful campaign to stop oil drilling efforts in coastal Virginia for at least the next seven years, collecting more than 4,500 petition signatures along the way.
- We said YES to wind: CCAN launched our aggressive push for offshore wind power in Maryland and Virginia by turning out more than 300 people to the region’s first citizens’ conference on offshore wind and our elected officials are now talking about offshore wind legislation in 2012.
- We fought dirty coal: Our team succeeded in delaying the proposed coal plant in the Hampton Roads region of Virginia for at least two more years. We also continued to challenge existing power plants by educating communities about the health impacts of our reliance on dirty energy sources.
- We made polluters pay: CCAN was instrumental in passing the first-of-its-kind “carbon tax” on big carbon emitters in Montgomery County, Maryland. We also took successful legal action against big polluters across the region, protecting your air and water.
There has never been a better time to support a hard-hitting, results-oriented group like CCAN. Please give to CCAN now so we can continue to fight the battles the federal government isn’t doing enough to win. We won’t let you down. Find more information below about how to give.
Ways to Give
- Make a one-time gift
- Make a monthly contribution
- Federal employee gifts
- Tribute gifts
- Planned or estate gifts
- Wedding registry gifts
- Employer-matched gifts
An important core of CCAN supporters are part of our monthly giving program, which provides us with a reliable source of income. Your monthly contribution of $10 of more will provide CCAN with the stability to maintain our fight for a clean energy future. Please make a monthly pledge today.
Federal government employees can give to CCAN through the Combined Federal Campaign. Our CFC number is 19037.
Tribute donations can be given to CCAN "in honor of" an individual on a special occasion, such as a birthday, wedding, anniversary, or other milestone. Tribute donations can be made here through our secure server or by mailing a check directly to CCAN with an explanatory note, including the name and address of the person being honored or memorialized.
Planned gifts offer a variety of options for supporting CCAN and, in most cases, provide income and tax advantages to you and/or your heir. These include estate/will bequests, life income gifts (charitable gifts annuities), insurance and retirement benefits, stocks or bonds, and so forth. For more information about these and related planned giving programs, please talk with your estate or financial planning advisor. If you have already included CCAN in your planned giving efforts, please contact [email protected].
From honeymoons to invitations to wedding gifts to charitable wedding favors, the I Do Foundation allows couples and their guests to make wedding-related purchases that generate donations for charity. The I Do Foundation's Charity Registry service also makes it easy for guests to make donations in lieu of gifts. All of these services are available free of cost at www.IDoFoundation.org. Please choose CCAN as your charity of choice.
You can double or triple the value of your donation to the Chesapeake Climate Action Network if you are employed by one of the area companies (or their divisions, subsidiaries or affiliates) listed below. Many employers will match contributions of spouses, directors or retirees as well as those of employees. Contact your Human Resources Department for more information and the necessary forms.
1. Find your employer's name in the following list. If your company isn't listed, please check with your HR department regarding matching gifts.
2. Fill out your portion of the matching gift form provided by your human resources office.
3. Send completed form with your donation to CCAN.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Black & Decker Corp.
Eastern Mountain Sports
Fannie Mae and the Fannie Mae Foundation
Gannett Co. Inc
International Business Machines Corp.
Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
Norfolk Southern Corp.
Pitney Bowes Inc.
Charles Schwab and Co. Inc. and Subsidiaries
T. Rowe Price Group Inc.
Washington Post Co.